What Is Yeti?
The yeti (officially, Rambler) is an RTIC brand soft-sided cooler. It has thick insulation that keeps the contents cold for 24 hours. If you take it out in the Sun during the day, it can maintain ice for around five days. The outside of the cooler is made of a matte finish. This makes it scratch-resistant and easy to clean.
Features of Yeti
1. Thick insulation—A Yeti cooler can hold up to 26 cans and keep them cold for 24 hours. Many people also use it as a seat because of its durable construction and excellent insulation. The thick insulation doesn’t only keep the contents cold, but it also reduces the external temperatures. It can keep ice frozen on days with temperatures as high as 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Easy to clean—Yeti is extremely easy to clean. It does not become moldy or worn out. The material is also hygienic and doesn’t cause any skin rashes or irritations.
3. Different colors—Unlike other coolers, Yeti is available in different colors. You can select your favorite color combination to usher the right atmosphere during vacations or parties.
4. Portable— The cooler offers a weight of 18 pounds which renders easy maneuverability and storage options.
5. Widely used by the retailers—Yeti is sold by Amazon, Target, Sam’s Club and others. Also, it is a staple product for those who have exclusive licensing deals with Yeti. You can contact these retailers as they would cater to your needs in a better way.
What Is a Thermos?
Thermos is an insulated beverage flask. The design of this product has remained unchanged for over 50 years. A thermos is notably popular among travelers who need to keep their drinks at a certain temperature in different climatic conditions.
Features of Thermos
1. Widely used—Thermos is widely used among individuals who are continuously in transit, athletes, businessmen and others.
2. Portable—One of the essential features of a thermos is its portable design. The product’s weight is only 1.5 pounds, making it an easy storage option in a bag or backpack.
3. Insulated—Another grappling feature of a thermos is its insulation capacity. It can hold up to 4 cups of drinks at a time, which means you can serve your friends or your family whenever the need arises.
4. Durable—Thermos has an external coating that is scratch-proof and waterproof. It also has a matte finish, which helps it retain its original look even after several years of use.
5. Dishwasher- safe—Thermos can be washed in a dishwasher without causing any damage, unlike other beverage flasks.
Differences Between Thermos & Yeti
This difference makes a thermos different from a Yeti cooler. Thermos uses dual insulation to keep its contents cold for up to 24 hours, even when taken out of the freezer for extended periods. On the other hand, Yeti uses just one type of insulation to block cold air effectively and keeps its contents cool for only five days at maximum.
Quality of Materials
Thermos comes with excellent insulation and is easy to clean. On the other hand, Yeti uses thinner materials and its insulation is not long-lasting. It can be tough to clean because of the scratches it will cause when removing the outside layer.
Yeti’s weight is only 14 lbs, compared to thermoses, which weigh a bit more. However, the small size of the thermos makes it perfect for being carried around in any bag or backpack.
Thermos comes in various sizes, but Yeti coolers come in the same shape. However, both have similar functions and can render temperature-oriented fluids at your service.
Thermoses are available in several colors to cater to every customer’s needs. On the other hand, Yeti also offers different colors for its customers.
Thermos features a lifetime guarantee against all kinds of defects and keeps its customers happy with its service all the time. Yeti, on the other hand, offers only a limited warranty for its coolers.
Yeti is expensive compared to the thermos and you might not be able to afford it in your budget. Thermos is much cheaper and offers similar services like Yeti in a different, more budget-friendly manner.
Yeti’s temperature retention is the longest of any beverage flask, as its insulation can keep drinks warm for up to 24 hours. Thermos also has one of the best temperature retentions, as it can keep drinks hot for up to 5 hours after being taken out of the freezer. Also, it depends on the quality and construction of a thermos as to how much temperature it can hold.
Which One Is Better? Thermos or Yeti?
Both these products have their advantages and disadvantages. Thermos is economical and offers the same functions as Yeti, but it is less durable and has a much lower success rate. On the other hand, Yeti offers a wonderful lifespan and a very high success rate in keeping its objects cool, but it is also expensive. Yeti offers more choices in color while Thermos offers more choices in size.
We can say that both these products are great and offer similar functions. Their durability and longevity depend on the quality of materials used in their manufacturing, making them a bit different from each other. Yeti coolers are more expensive than thermos and offer better insulation and a longer lifespan.