What Is Thermos Flask?
A thermos flask is designed to keep liquids cold for hours or hot for days. They are made of stainless steel, pyrex glass, or plastic. The design ensures that there is no condensation inside the flask and that temperature changes happen slowly. Thermos flasks usually have a lid with a bonded gasket, which makes opening the container easier.
Features of Thermos Flask
1. Vacuum Insulation
A vacuum flask will keep water or tea hot or cold for hours. It occurs due to the vacuum effect of the double wall. The inner and outer walls of the bottle are made up of two layers and there is a space between them where the air is removed. This reduces the chances of heat losses. In other words, it keeps away conduction.
2. Stainless Steel
Stainless steel is used for manufacturing the flasks due to its corrosion resistance, toughness and durability. It offers several advantages over other metals. It is resistant to rusting, or corrosion offers long-term use and has a hygienic finish.
3. Glass Lid
The thermos flask is designed with a toughened glass lid that can resist most forms of damage. The lid is, in some cases, made of tempered glass, which makes them shatter-resistant.
4. Ergonomic Design
The flask is designed to fit your hand well. It has a contoured shape with curves on the exterior of the container, ensuring that the flask is easy to hold for an extended period of time.
5. Easy to Clean
Many thermos flasks are dishwasher safe and render a quick cleanup procedure. If you use a thermos flask with a lid that screws off, you may want to wash it separately to ensure it doesn’t come into contact with other pieces.
What Is Vacuum Flask?
The vacuum flask is a type of non-insulated food-grade glass bottle usually made from soda-lime glass. The flask will have a metal or plastic stopper attached to it, and it has a glass lid that is sealed tight with a rubber gasket.
Features of Vacuum Flask
1. Varies in Color
Vacuum flasks can vary in color to indicate the temperature of the product. Some vacuum flasks come with a label that indicates the contents inside, while others have a color-coding system to help identify your drink when you take it out of its holder.
2. Easy to Clean
The vacuum flask can be washed in a dishwasher, and its lid can be removed to be cleaned appropriately. However, the stopper of the flask is more challenging to clean because it is delicate and made from a soft material.
3. Glass Body
The glass body of a vacuum flask is thick, making it highly resilient against damage from sudden impacts and force. However, they tend to crack upon high pressures.
Vacuum flasks are an excellent option for summer events because it is lightweight and can be carried easily in hands or a backpack.
The vacuum flask is much more affordable than thermos flasks because they are made with soda-lime glass, which is relatively cheap to buy. Stainless steel flasks are also less expensive than vacuum flasks.
Thermos Flask vs. Vacuum Flask
1. Appearance – Both thirst-quenching accessories have the same general style and form. The vacuum flask may be shorter in length to accommodate a tight seal around its top.
2. Materials – The vacuum flask is made from glass, while most thermos flasks are stainless steel-oriented. However, the glass is thicker in a vacuum flask to make it more durable and capable of resisting certain elements, including heat and micro organisms.
3. Quality – A vacuum flask can be virtually impossible to break because of the strength of the glass it’s made from, but a thermos flask isn’t as strong and can break upon high pressures.
4. Temperature Control – The vacuum flask has no temperature control option, so it needs to be held in hand to warm up to the desired temperature. On the other hand, the thermos flask is made with a special feature that allows it to be heated up or cooled down at the push of a button.
5. Sizes – The vacuum flask is available in many different sizes, but the standard size is a half-cup. The thermos flask can be bigger or smaller depending on what you need.
6. Lid – The vacuum flask has a unique lid that’s sealed tightly around the top of it with a rubber gasket, while the thermos flask has a stopper and metal seal to ensure your beverage remains cold.
8. Price – The thermos flask is more affordable than the vacuum flask because it’s made with less expensive materials. The vacuum flask is also made with stainless steel, which gives it a much higher price tag when compared to glass.
While both products have their pros and cons, it’ll really come down to your personal preference when picking which one you want to spend your money on. The vacuum flask is just as versatile as the thermos flask, but the thermos flask has its perks that you may prefer more if that’s what works best for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Do thermos flasks have a vacuum?
Yes, a thermos flask can have a vacuum, but it is small-sized compared to a vacuum flask. The most significant difference is that the thermos flask is made from stainless steel with a metal seal, while the vacuum flask is made from glass with a rubber gasket.
Q. How long do they last?
A. These products will last for a number of years, depending on how well you take care of them and how often you use them.